Thursday, May 9, 2013
World Series 25
The 25th installment of the Fingers World Series was one of the best ever. Five of the six games saw the game-winning run score in the ninth inning of later. Ultimately, Nashville took the Series in six games. This is the first World Series win for khendrickson; and third for the Nashville franchise (ewd330 won the first two).
Louie Hayashi led the way to the title. Hayashi batted .500 (11 for 22), scored seven runs, hit two home runs and drove in seven runs. He homered in each of Nashville's wins in Games 1 and 2, and his walk-off single in Game 5 gave Nashville a 3-2 Series lead.
Monterrey's future Hall of Famer Everth Furcal proved to be the best player in a losing effort. He also batted .500 (14 for 28). Furcal scored seven runs, hit two doubles, a triple, three home runs and drove in seven.
This was the third World Series loss for taz and the Gringos. Overall, the Gringos have won six NL pennants and three World Series in the last nine seasons. They'll surely be back next season fighting for another championship.
Fingers World Series Turns 25
- American League teams have won 18 WS and hold an 88-54 WS advantage over the National League.
- The AL won 15 straight WS between Seasons 4 and 18.
- There has been five WS sweeps. Though it hasn't happened since Season 11.
- There's been seven Game 7s. The AL's won four of them.
- froidl was a perfect 8 for 8 in WS.
- taz21 has the second most WS appearances - six - and tied for second most WS titles - three.
- dedelman and themehl have five pennants each. themehl won three WS; dedel is 0 for 5.
- jmayhew, ewd330 and rawdk27 all won two WS.
- dedelman, kern82 and andrewfrance are a combined 0 for 10 in WS.
Posted by kern at 9:12:00 PM