Tuesday, June 10, 2014
HOME RUN DERBY WINNER & ALL-STAR GAME MVP
Texas Toast's Harvey Dickinson had one hell of an All-Star Game Weekend. In total, he hit 42 home runs over the two-day period - 40 en route to the Home Run Derby title and another two in the ASG.
Dickinson's two homers and five RBIs in his first two at-bats helped the NL to a 10-5. The game featured nine home runs from eight different players. Also, 14 of the 15 runs scored came by way of the home run.
In the Home Run Derby, Dickinson beat out Colorado's two-time Derby Champ Bill Perry 12-9 in the final round. Both players totaled 40 home runs for the competition and Perry belted the longest shot of the day, a 531-foot blast down the right field line.
FIRST HALF NOTES & AWARDS
- Neifi Martin is currently tied for the all-time hit lead with 3,103.
- At the break, three teams are tied for first in the NL East.
- Bill Perry is going for the AL Triple Crown again.
- Montreal is a league best 10-2 in extra inning games.
- Boston has the most one-run wins with 20.
MVP -- AL: Bill Perry; NL: Billy Ball
Cy Young -- AL: Gustavo Samuel; NL: Gerald Dietz / Ralph Mullins
Rookie of the Year -- AL: Kane Pierce; NL: Diego Gonzalez
Fireman -- AL: Rubby Guerrero; NL: P.T. Martinez
Posted by kern at 8:16:00 AM